Summer Programming Internship
Columbus Printed Arts Center is looking for a creative, highly motivated, and enthusiastic Programs Intern to join our team this summer. The ideal candidate believes that the arts are a vital component of a thriving community, is invested in contributing to the organization’s growth, and has unique ideas to bring to the position. Our goal is to connect with artists and art professionals in Central Ohio as well as to provide meaningful work experience and insight into the inner workings of an art organization.
The Programming Intern will provide administrative support by assisting in all aspects of Columbus Printed Arts Centers’ curatorial, outreach, and education programs. Working collaboratively with the Executive Director, they will gain an understanding of how an arts organization functions as they develop programmatic content that addresses the needs of the community and fulfills the organizational mission.
Responsibilities may include: Collaborating on project research, development, and execution, communicating with artists and community partners, investigating new ways to engage all members of the public with programmatic activities, assisting with research specific to project concepts, working with the Marketing Intern to create and disperse promotional program and event materials, assisting with all logistical aspects of special projects, events, and workshops.
• Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience in Visual Arts, Art History, Arts Administration, Curatorial Studies, Community Outreach, or relevant field
• Demonstrable interest in visual art and a passion for contributing to the growth of a new art organization
• Desire to learn new skills and grow as an individual through accomplishing challenging tasks
• Attention to detail and time management skills; extremely organized; willingness to take agency over project components
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills; professional approach to external and interpersonal relationships
• Enthusiastic self-starter able to work both independently and collaboratively; strong ability to problem-solve and think strategically
• Flexible with the ability to work on multiple tasks at once and adapt to changing priorities
• Strong design background; skillful in Adobe Creative Suite programs Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere
• Experience working in a curatorial capacity for a gallery, museum, art organization, or alternative space
• Demonstrable interest in printed media and knowledge of artists working in field
Position: 1 unpaid internship, available for college credit if needed. Interns have free and unlimited access to Columbus Printed Arts Center’s studios for the duration of the internship program, receive discounts on ink costs, may sit in on any class or workshop, and are given an Artist Membership for one year after program commencement date.
Dates: May 2019 - September 2019 (flexible)
Hours: 15 hours per week preferred.
To Apply: Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com. An optional writing sample will also be accepted. Include internship title in email subject line and in cover letter. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Deadline to apply is April 1, 2019.