Summer Marketing Internship
Columbus Printed Arts Center is looking for a creative, highly motivated, and enthusiastic Marketing Intern to join our team this summer. The ideal candidate believes that the arts are a vital component of a thriving community, is invested in contributing to the organization’s growth, and has unique ideas to bring to the position. Our goal is to connect with artists and art professionals in Central Ohio as well as to provide meaningful work experience and insight into the inner workings of an art organization.
The Marketing Intern will provide promotional support for Columbus Printed Arts Center by creatively engaging new and existing audiences. Working collaboratively with the Executive Director, they will develop and implement strategies to market programs, sell tickets, provide resources for patrons and members, and increase accessibility to the public.
Responsibilities will likely include but may not be limited to: development and management of promotional and email campaigns, audience research, marketing organizational partnerships, management of mailings, social and marketing content/copy creation and editing, special event promotion and assistance, public relations support, community engagement events, social media and more.
• Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience in Communications, Marketing/Sales, English, Graphic Design, Arts Administration, or relevant field
• Strong interest in visual art and a passion for contributing to the growth of a new art organization
• Desire to learn new skills and grow as an individual through accomplishing challenging tasks
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills; professional approach to external and interpersonal relationships; outstanding storyteller capable of speaking to a diverse audience in different ways
• Attention to detail; extremely organized; willingness to take agency over project components
• Flexible, Enthusiastic self-starter able to work both independently and collaboratively; strong ability to problem-solve, think strategically, and manage multiple tasks at once
• Strong research skills; capable of applying various successful institutional models to specific campaigns to reach both broad and targeted audiences
• Ability to quickly grasp and contribute to Columbus Printed Arts Center’s social, community, and professional visual and written messaging
• Skillful and creative use of social media content and knowledge of social content management platforms
• Experience creating successful marketing campaigns and managing associated data
• Strong understanding of current marketing strategies and willingness to seek new approaches
• Strong design background; skillful in Adobe Creative Suite programs Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere
Position: 1 unpaid internship, available for college credit if needed. Interns have free and unlimited access to Columbus Printed Arts Center’s studios for the duration of the internship program, receive discounts on ink costs, may sit in on any class or workshop, and are given an Artist Membership for one year after program commencement date.
Dates: May 2019 - September 2019 (flexible)
Hours: A minimum of 15 hours per week preferred. Occasional weekend hours may be required for events.
To Apply: Please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Include internship title in email subject line and in cover letter. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Deadline to apply is April 1, 2019.